Garlic Bread is an indispensable side to a pasta dish. It’s delectable as an appetizer or an anytime snack. But when you’re too tired to do everything from scratch, a handy shortcut is the way. Sometimes, these shortcuts surprisingly yield much better results than the authentic processes! Here is the 10-minute hack that can transform your leftover homemade dinner rolls or store-bought ones into a batch of last-minute delicious garlic bread. With this trick in your repertoire, homemade buttery garlic bread is always minutes away, ready to be served on a spontaneous pasta night or to satisfy a quick-nibble craving. Also, this extra-easy recipe usefully works with whatever you’ve got in your kitchen. So, let’s begin!
● Fat: You don’t need to set out the butter to soften for this quick recipe. Because it’s the melted butter that’ll seep into every nook and cranny of the roll, making it ultra-flavorful. Add a pinch of salt if the butter is unsalted. If no butter is in the scene, grab your olive oil instead.
● Garlic: Grated or freshly minced garlic goes better with the recipe. But you can also use a pinch of garlic powder if that’s what you got on hand.
● Herb: Fresh parsley is the best here. But dried parsley or Italian seasoning will work too.
● Cheese: It’s an optional step. But obviously, some shredded mozzarella or a good grating of parmesan will take the decadence of your garlic bread up to a notch.
The Garlic Butter
Simply take a small bowl and mix the following ingredients:
● Melted butter, ½ cup or 1 stick / Olive oil, ½ cup
● Grated or minced garlic, 4 cloves / Garlic powder, 1 teaspoon
● Finely chopped fresh parsley, ¼ cup / Garlic powder or Italian seasoning, 2 teaspoons
● Grated parmesan or shredded mozzarella, ¼ cup (optional)
● Salt and black pepper, to taste
With this amount, you can flavor 12 large or six small dinner rolls, or even a pack of burger buns.
● Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange two racks in the oven and preheat it to 350oF.
● Slice the dinner rolls or buns in halves horizontally. Brush all the halves generously with the prepared garlic butter.
● Bake the flavored rolls on the lower rack for 8-10 minutes, until they’re warm. Then transfer them to the upper rack and broil for 1-2 minutes, until the edges turn toasty.
● Switch off the oven. Serve this easy-peasy garlic bread warm and soft, and enjoy!